Tender Care Community Clinic, Inc. earned its FQHC Look-Alike designation in October 2019 after several years of restructuring to meet the Federal requirements for applications. Before we became an FQHC Look-Alike, we operated for 30 years under the name Santo Tomas Medical Clinic, which had locations in South Gate, Pico Rivera, and Downey.
At the peak of the organization’s activities, approximately 150 patients received healthcare services each day. But as our uninsured and publicly insured patient population became the majority, we were unable to sustain operations with discounted patient fees. In an effort to sustain a medical home for generations of patients, Santo Tomas Medical Clinic donated its assets to Tender Care Community Clinic, Inc., which helped create our current organization.
Today, our family clinic in Downey, California, operates at one location providing services to 14 zip codes: 90241, 90242, 90650, 90201, 90280, 90240, 90660, 90723, 90706, 90262, 90605, 90606, 90602, 90670, where 42.8% of residents (approximately 339,950 individuals) have income below the 200% Federal Poverty Guidelines and 41.9% are uninsured or publicly insured by Medi-Cal.
As a safety-net provider caring for the community’s most vulnerable residents, Tender Care Community Clinic, Inc. delivers a range of primary care services, well-child services, women’s services, and enabling services that preserve and restore health. Under the direction of our Board of Directors—the majority of whom are patients, thereby are the voice of our consumers—Tender Care Community Clinic, Inc. plans to add dental care services. The latter of which is known to have a direct impact on general health.
Tender Care Community Clinic, Inc.’s mission is to deliver affordable, comprehensive health care that is considerate of personal dignity for underserved and vulnerable populations of and near Downey, California.
Our vision is to be among the leading medical homes in the area by constantly monitoring our performance, providing continuing medical education for our medical and ancillary staff, and using indicators to improve deficiencies.
- To be proactive in our efforts to improve the quality of care in the communities we serve by cooperating with agencies that provide healthcare services similar to ours.
- To deliver educational materials in the language our patients understand and improving patients’ quality of life by being responsive to their needs.
Through teamwork with positive, well-trained, skilled, knowledgeable, and certified providers and support staff, we can deliver personalized and compassionate medical and mental health care while promoting healthy lifestyles to patients.
- We treat others as we would want to be treated.
- We value the contribution of all with whom we serve.
- We respect the right of each person to define their needs and to actively participate in their care.
- We encourage open and honest conversations.
- We serve our community in a way that is compassionate and non-judgmental.
- We listen and respond to the needs of the whole person, body, mind, and spirit.
- We humbly serve those in need through generous and responsible use of resources.
- We adapt and balance programs and resources to meet the social and healthcare needs of the most vulnerable members of our community.
- We strive to provide high and consistent quality in all our services.
- We work to continually improve and measure the quality of our services.
- We foster the continuous growth and development of all who serve at TCCC.
- We hold ourselves accountable for the quality of service and adherence to professional standards.
- We work to make the most of the resources given to us.
May we help?
Contact us for more details.F